Re: [VAL] Chris E re: Polishing Wizards... HELP!

Chris,

Here's a tip for you and any others who use wool pads to polish.

Yes, wool pads will get "loaded" with polish but you can "clean" them out.
That is, you can use a *steel bristle wire brush* to clean them and here's
how.

The steel bristle wire brush I'm referring to is the kind you'd you to
remove paint from concrete or to remove rust from steel.  The handle is
usually made of wood or plastic (wood is a lot stronger here) with plastic
being the cheaper, less expensive brush.  I prefer to spend a little more
money in the beginning rather than buying more cheap stuff later. ;)

There are several ways to hold the spinning polishing wheel but the gist of
this lesson is that you want to have the wire bristles at 90 degrees to the
spinning polishing pad.  As the pad spins against the wire bristles this is
where the steel brush "combs" the wool pad.  Don't get violent here!  Easy
does it.  The polish will be on the very ends of the wool so you don't have
to push against the pad so hard that you begin to remove the wool, be
gentle.

If you do the above you will find that you can use the wool pads many times
over rather than using them only once because they got loaded with dry
polish and then you covered them with imitation fleece, like a sweatshirt,
etc.

Let me know if you can't figure out my description.  This is how airplane
cleaners buff and polish aircraft.

Tom
WBCCI 5303