Re: [VAL] Polishing Wizards... HELP!

Tim ,
   I `m no wizard , but white spots sound like water spots to me . If you
dont dry the surface , water from washing and rain show up white . My pits
seem to show up as black spots. Those tend to bleed black over the rest of
it if not polished out or cleaned up with thinner. And if you dont get the
thinner off 100 % a black sheen will be almost impossible to buff out . I
want to try the new scrubby pads by perfect polish . I found that the
Sgrade cleaned rivits and pits best with no thinner . Also make sure that
you wash off the stuff that gets thrown around by the compounder , or it
will leave black stains .
    As far as clearcoat , I found that the remover worked best if I got it
all off the first application . First I used a rubber block used to apply
spot putty , which was ok but small . A regular plastic autobody spreader
left scratches . Then I tried a window cleaning squeegee , that was
excellent , nice and big ,the goo came off clean . I took the nylon web off
the sponge side (also scratched ) and used the soft sponge side to clean
the excess off with water . 99.9 % clean in one go . For some reason if it
didnt come off in the first application , what was left didnt want to come
off at all with the Napier remover I used . However that napier stuff is
good , nicer to use than anything else I`ve tried .
    I also tried using old flannel sheets over the cyclo , worked good if
you changed frequently and used foam pads . I tried old terry towels (
scratched if not carefull) sweatshirt material will scratch too if you dont
change it with each area polished . The wool pads scratched bad when used
alone .
   My caravel looks much better shiny , but at times I wished I hadnt
started polishing , it took many hours and needs a touch up already .
   Just my observations , I didnt really have any answers for you .
    Chris