Re: [VAL] building A/S cabinetry

RJ et. al.,

One of our WDCU members who did his apprenticeship as a furniture maker
has informed me that the plywood in my '57 Bubble is elm.  Since my
apprenticeship was in the electrical trade I tend to take his word over
my own.  As you have stated, elm is certainly not commercially available
any more, and may have been getting scarce by the late '50s and was
probably gone by the '60s.  I am informed (by the same source) that ash
is a very close match except for the missing minute herringbone sub
grain of elm:  only a trained observer would notice the difference.  As
soon as I get back to New Mexico I'll post some close up shots of the
elm grain on my webshots page and notify the list.

Matt Worner

'75 Sov
'76 Rear door Argosy 24'
'57 Bubble