RE: [VAL] furnace question

Our furnace was removed and we'd planned on just getting a heat strip on
the ac we will install since we live in the south and don't expect to
travel in cold weather but now we are wondering if maybe we should put
one in ,....or at least leave a space for one.  We only had a big pile
of parts that looked like it used to be a furnace [gave several parts
away].  I am not even sure where or how it goes in. We expect to build
the galley base cabinet next week so I need to get an idea about how
much space to allow.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what kind of modest heating
unit we could get just to use on the occasional venture in cooler
weather.  Someone told me that I shouldn't expect much from the heat
strip...just a little help until the real furnace kicks in.  This is
only for a 22' unit so I don't need anything huge.  When we used to stay
on our sailboat in winter we just used a small electric heater and
dressed in long underwear real fast in the AM and used a down comforter
but it never got below 40: inside. We expect to live in this A/S for
several months and some might get coolish even in spring in Maine [as
far as we ever expect to go north]!!!

Lexxy/aka/Lynn
http://flummoxed.org/lexxey/