Re: [VAL] furnace question

I just purchased a portable propane (a one lb. cylinder screws into the
back) catalytic heater which I will try out in some rather cold climes.
I removed a floor furnace that looked leaky, rusty and tired from the
'57 Bubble and the portable will be my main heat source. If I find that
it doesn't do the job, I will get a small cast iron wood/pellet stove
from Navigator but right now, I'm over budget and the little stove is
$650!! Oh, you want the enameled version? Add about $400 to that.
Anyway, I'm thinking I'll leave a window cracked and am also installed
a CO2 detector, a smoke detector, a propane detector, and maybe a
snoring detector and a pair of suspenders just to be really secure. One
thing about the portable is I can take it out doors and be toasty
whilst star-gazing.
Jo Ann
p.s. Cost was $99.00 even and Cabela's has one too for $90.