RE: [VAL] Painting and Repairing Plastic

I have heard of folks hwo have redone them in place but they must have
heads bigger than our 3' square one!!!  I would try some solvents on the
stains if they were mine and get it off real fast to stop the action...I
know others wouldn't do it but I use them all the time as long as your
are really careful with the safety issues.  They are made to melt
plastics.  Fine sandpaper is another alternative....ever had acrylic
fingernails?  [I know few men have!!!]  It's real close to working with
plastics and fiberglass...about the same on a smaller scale.  See how
acetone softens them?  It can work on a tiny scale on plastic if your
are willing to take the risk....test a hidden place first.

Lexxy/aka/Lynn
http://flummoxed.org/lexxey/