[VACList] Acrylite vs. Lexan

When I replaced several windows in my 1968 Safari it was suggested I use Acrylite AR-2.
I've been very pleased and the abrasion resistance and discoloration has been unnoticable
over the past 2 years. TAP Plastics is supposed to carry the stuff, as does Inland RV.
Also from some earlier posts:

"Lexan, which is an excellent plastic, will not work as a side window. It will never take
on the contour of the shell. Therefore you will always have a problem when you want to
close that window. We have a material called Acrylite AR-2. It will take on the contour
after a couple of months in the sun. Also the AR-2 means that it's scratch resistant. You
can scrub it with steel wool, and not scratch it. Plexiglas is not intended to be used in
the sun. Yes, it's cheap, but the sun, in short order, will crack and craze it. Plexiglas
does not have a UV inhibitor. Acrylite does. The AR-2 means that it is abrasion resistant
on both sides."

John Leggett
San Francisco
1968 Safari 22