[VACList] Sewer systems...

Could we revisit the Sewer Solution vs the Macerator or, perhaps it might be,
the Sewer Solution AND the Macerator??

Point is, I know that the SS fits onto the end of the "manifold" pipe, takes a
water hookup on the end cap which it replaces and then you dump the black and
then the gray to clean it all out.
The shore water pressure runs the grinder and venturies the effluent coming out
of the tanks.

		HOW IS THE MACERATOR HOOKED UP?
Now, tell me if I am wrong and I have never seen the Macerator hooked up but I
ASSUME that it is hooked up to the Blackwater tank by replacing its gate valve??
12VAC runs it and it pumps out to the sewer inlet via its own hose just like the
SS.
Thus the manifold pipe does not get the black effluent anymore?  Only the gray
water goes down the manifold and on out to the sewer inlet?

So, how do you clean out the macerator hose and like that.
In fact, how do you seal off the manifold inlet from the black water tank/gate
valve  IF that is how it is installed?  Or do you hang it on the end of the
manifold just like the SS but plug it in to your Battery or 12V supply?

I am confused here.

In fact I am trying to understand why the macerator does not install on the end
of the manifold just like the SSolut. and then be flushed clean by dumping the
gray water tank afterwards???

help?

thanks
chas