Re: [VACList] fan motor (was "testing gas lines" etc.)

You don't necessarily have to give up on the old motors.  I took mine apart
(from my 69) and found some insect (long gone) had made a large home inside.  I
cleaned all the mud out, cleaned all the contacts, a little lube here and
there, sanded some crusty areas (mind you, I don't know 'nuthin bout fixin'
motors), put it all back together (that was the hard part). Hallelujah, it works
great.  I plan to put in a Fantastic Fan in the future, but I was determined to
get this old thing working.  Most satisfying.

Virginia
Riverside, CA
1969 Globetrotter