Re: [VACList] Re: VACList Digest V3 #278 - 5 chain links minimum?

Hey Al:

I imagine that the minimum is so you can do a tight turn and not bust
something.  When the hitch head is turned 45 degrees, for instance, one
spring bar will be closer to the front of the trailer than the other and the
length of chain has to be long enough to allow for it.  Are the links the
same size for both brands?  That might account for the different
requirements.

FWIW, I have an EAZ-LIFT hitch with 550# spring bars myself and use 5 links.

GQ '67 Safari