Re: [VACList] intelligent battery charger

Jon,

Don't give up on the converter approach so quickly.

The Intellisync converter is relatively small and quite light (only a pound
or so) and runs very cool. It includes a 110 volt, three prong plug power
cord.  You could stick the Charge Wizard to the unit, or tape it to a cable.

I used the 40 amp unit to recharge/restore two batteries in my garage before
installing the unit in the trailer.  Makes a very good battery charger.

I bought a couple of battery cables from Wal-Mart, fastened them to the
Intellisync's output terminals, plugged the Charge  Wizard in, and presto -
an intelligent battery charger.

If your batteries have the threaded stud and wing nut terminal, you only
need to buy one long battery cable (eye on each end) and cut it in half.
That will give you two eye end cables (for the battery). Strip the cut ends
and insert into the converter terminals.  I marked the positive cable with
some red vinyl tape.

In my opinion, this set up makes an excellent battery charger.

Now I am considering getting another converter/Charge Wizard to use as a
stand alone battery charger.