RE: [VACList] waterand gas systems

We are renovating about 2/3 of our water system with plastic fittings
but we don't know how the original system actually worked since most of
it was in parts when we got the unit.  I have a good jpg drawing of my
plan [not too big a file] and I would like for some folks who know how a
water system is supposed to work to take a look at it and tell me if I
am on the right track.

If you can help please email me offlist and I will send the sketch.  I
would hate to do this stuff twice.

I notice there is a 'bypass the pump' arrangement on Airstreams but not
in other Rv sources.  Is this really necessary?  Why would you need
water from the tank with out the pump and how would you get it? Or is
there some other reason for this loop?

We are also connecting up the gas lines [was also in parts] and I need
something that goes from a 5/8" flair nut at the beginning of the gas
system to the [looks like] 1/2" female outlet on a new
regulator....about 12-15".  The old one was a flexible metal thing that
is rusted solid.  The RV place didn't have one and said to make a copper
one but I thought it would vibrate the copper too much.   I wondered if
I would go to gas companies or plumbing supply places to get one.

Lexxy or Lynn
[Alexis Lynn] in Augusta Ga.
owns a 22' '67 Safari