[VACList] hitch-up mirror/Midsize SUV

my point exactly but I got to thinking that we had discussed this to death here
before and likely many times before.

My concern is not the fellow driving the Durango and pulling the 31' but the
people out there on the road who are endangered when that tail finally whips the
head off the snake.

We just saw what happened in Mississippi about 10 days ago when an Expedition
lost control with a too long trailer behind it.
http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0306/19/m12.html

I use my wife's Expedition to SPOT my Sovereign but would never tow it any
distance even with a Pullrite or the Hensley (which the above accident was
using)Arrow.

anyway, there is no substitute for wheelbase when it comes to controlling an
overlong trailer.  someday, there will be a Federal (mommy spank) law stating
that certain length trailers will have to have a corresponding wheelbase and a
5th wheel equivalent hitch.

Again, don't care what the individual does, he is grown up and can let a bad
combination take him off an overpass or mountain road and kill him with no care
from me.  I am only concerned that such a person may knock me off the road with
him.

enuff
chas
--
Charles Hamilton, Houston, TX  chasm@texas.net  www.schuetzen.net
'77 Sovereign, '02 E350 SD PSD, Pullrite+Prodigy