Re: [VACList] hitch-up mirror/Midsize SUV

You could probably tow ok with a smaller SUV/truck (ie...Durango Toyota
Tacoma) if the trailer is light and short. Some have the tow capacity as
stated by the manufacture but the wheelbase and comfort that most prefer
with a larger vehicle that is able to control the trailer and not the
trailer controlling the vehicle. So if one has a lighter trailer and uses it
for short trips and is comfortable with it, go for it. I tried a Durango
hooked to my 29' trailer but it was WAY to much trailer for it at least for
my liking any way. I have seen a couple of Bambies and even a '73 Caravel
towed by a Durango. I also know someone who towed a 1966 28' Ambassador to
Alabama with a Mercury Mountaineer and he said it handled fine.
Bobby