Re: [VACList] Weatherproofing question

I wanted to share a recent experience that I had with Vulkem. A couple of
weeks ago, I had decided to turn the streetside compartment door over so it
would be hinged on the bottom rather than the top. It was always falling on
my head and was generally in the way. To make this change, I needed to
remove the factory installed eyebrow over the compartment door. To my utter
amazement, the original Vulkem under this eyebrow was soft and flexible.
Mind you, I own a 1959 Airstream that has spent the last two and a half
years in the Arizona desert. For this stuff to be flexible and still posses
its sealing qualities is a strong testimonial to the manufacturer of Vulkem.
I understand why Airstream swears by this amazing sealer.

Brad Norgaard
Phoenix
'59 Trade Wind Twin
VAC #2699, TCT