Re: [VACList] How do you get on top?

Becky:

I took a carpet remnant, about 2' x 8', and glued (construction
adhesive in a caulking gun) to the BACK of it a continuous series of
approx 2' x 3" 3/8" plywood slats. This makes a kind of tambour door
which can be placed (draped, actually) carpet-side down over the top of
the Airstream. I climb up with a ladder (padded where it contacts the
'stream) and walk carefully to make sure my weight doesn't get too near
the edge and make the "tambour" slip down. I also use a similar,
smaller (approx 2' x 3') tambour to place variously on the roof once
I'm up there to allow me to move around more. Works for me; I weigh
about 150#.

(another) Rob