Re: [VACList] How do you get on top?

Becky,

Chuck Dunning (head of service) for Windish Airstream in Denver says
that it is fine to walk on top of your trailer as long as you stay
between the two end cap ribs. He said it is standard proceedure for them
during maintenance & repairs. Some folks put a small sheet of thin
plywood on top to distribute the load. Those who are more timid rig a
scaffold to span over the entire trailer.

I've been up on our '64 to strip the clearcoat, re-seal the seams and
caulk the vents without any adverse affects. But... I've been very
careful not to put point loads such as an elbow, knee or heel that could
leave an indentation.

Rob