Re: [VACList] hitch-up mirror

Hi Scott,

I've now tried four ways to hook-up 1)Do it myself and if lucky with a
target on the trailer and on the tailgate I can hit it after leaving the
truck about 6 times. 2) Ask my wife to help .  .  . @#*&@* 3) Tried to mount
a mirror to view the situation (to limited view and still had to get out
several times). 4) Use the low tech wired video camera/monitor - WOW, what a
breeze to connect, set-up, and use!  Wireless would be great.

The mirror is difficult to adjust due to the limited field of vision and the
angle makes a  huge difference.  The field of vision for the camera depends
on how far the camera is from the draw bar.  On the top of the tail gate, it
lacked image quality.  Mounted right above the ball on the bumper, it worked
great. If I remember correctly, hand on top of the steering wheel and move
hand in the direction needed in the monitor.

More later as I gain experience.

                                                            '69 Safari, Joy