[VACList] back-up camera

Hi All,

Think I noticed a thread about using back-up cameras for hook-up.  Several
months ago, I noticed a 5" AC/12 volt DC monitor with an associated 12 volt
DC camera and bought it along with 25 feet of connecting cable.  As a test,
I mounted the camera on the bumper of my F250 Super Duty 4X4 P.S. diesel
and attempted several hook-ups to my utility trailer.  What a breeze! :)  Took
a bit of learning for steering inputs vs. draw bar movement, but when I
exited the truck to see where I was, I was right on.  Sure different than the
dozen or so times I usually have to try for alignment.  Haven't tried it with
subdued light as in night parking and I might need some light on the subject.
 Anyway, so far, the $99 investment was well worth the cost.  Sorry I don't
have the name of the camera/monitor as I bought it in California at an
electronics shop.  Needed to remove the box so things would fit in my
luggage for the trip back to Virginia.  I noticed several small TVs at Radio
Shack that were less than $50.  these must have a video input.  The camera
is most likely less than $50.  The camera is only 2 inches square, 1 inch
thick, and has a tilt bracket.  Taped to my bumper easily.

For anyone who has doubts, the camera/monitor really works well.  I have
thoughts of running a line to the back window of my Safari for a sometimes
needed rear view for traffic and possibly backing.

                                                   Regards, '69 Safari, Joy