Re: [VACList] Awning

Pete, you don't have much choice in awnings. Only Zip Dee makes hardware for
an awning that will fit the curvature of a pre-1969 Airstream. The other
manufacturers discontinued the earlier style some years back. You have to
install an awning that is the same length as the top rail on your Caravel.
If that's 10 feet, that's the size you need. A 12' awning can be cut down if
the dealer knows what they are doing but I'd rather have a factory 10 foot
awning if I were buying it. I hope the dealer knows that it has to have the
correct hardware and that the hardware to fit 1969 and later Airstreams
won't work correctly. You can call Zip Dee and get the part number for the
correct pre-1969 hardware. If he's trying to sell you a 12 ' awning, I'd
have my doubts they are up to speed.. But that's just me.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind