[VACList] Awning

We just bought a 1965 - 17' Caravel and need some advise on awnings. The
local Airstream dealer has a ZipDee awning that he says he will sell to me
at a discount? [12' $940.00 plus freight]. My slot on the Caravel is 10' long.
Will this awning fit or does it come with another slot? Is the ZipDee worth
the extra money? In the RV Parts catalog awnings sell for about $650.00.
We want something that will last and is easy to use, any suggestions will be
appreciated.

Pete  Gutillo
NC Mountains