[VACList] Walt's RV

This past weekend the old Armstrong A/C finally quit. We were in Destin at
Camping on the Gulf and it quit on the first day of our stay at the beach.
I messed around with it some trying to get the fan going again to no avail.
I then called my daughter who lives in Ocala to look up the number for
Walt's. I was going to arrange in advance to drop my trailer off on our way
back home. She gave me a number which I called, and while talking to them
I was under the impression that I had the wrong place. They then assured me
that it was the place I was looking for. Then when they were giving
directions, I was alarmed again when they said to go east to Gainesville
Rd. I questioned this because I knew Walt's was on 8th Street (on the West
side on the interstate). They then said he was retired and they had a shop
in town. Though still concerned that I had the wrong place I went ahead and
took the directions they gave and told them I would drop the trailer off
Monday.
We stayed at the beach and had fun, though we felt like sweat hogs, but the
two oscillating fans and all the open windows allowed us enough comfort to
sleep. Fortunately there was enough breeze. Well Monday came and we loaded
back up for the return trip to Valdosta, GA with a detour via Ocala, FL to
Walt's.
Following their directions we found the place and as soon as I pulled in I
told the wife, "I'm not leaving it here". It turned out to be Walt's Brake
shop which also does RV, A/C, Brake and Diesel repair. It was after
business hours (we arrived around 7 PM) so we pulled out of there, which I
would have done even if they had waited for me. We then went and found a
phone book and looked up Walt's home phone number ourselves.
Walt answered the phone and we told him the story and asked if he would
mind if I dropped the trailer off anyway. It was very short notice and way
after closing time, but he said bring it on over. We made a beeline for SR
40 west about 4 miles west of the Interstate then made the left turn onto
80th Street, went another 1/2 mile to 8th Street turned left to Walt's. We
got there around 7:30 or so but he came out and showed me were to park it.
We talked for awhile about the mix up and most importantly getting a new
A/C unit installed by someone who knows Airstreams. I told him about the
31' A/S with the Coleman A/C unit that was in the campground we were at
that had the A/C water running down the side. And me envisioning that
would have been what I would have been stuck with if I took it to someone
who didn't know better.
My trailer may be old and have a few dings here and there (character marks,
and bad driving), but I wouldn't trust just anyone doing work on it if I
couldn't do it myself or didn't have the time to do it. Walt is real good
and does quality work. From now on I will make sure I keep his number in
the trailer. For anyone who doesn't have it or may want it, it's
Walt's RV

Ocala, FL

352-237-6813

(I-75 to Exit 352 SR 40 West, about 4 miles turn Left on 80th Street, ½
mile to 8th Street, Walt's on Left)

     I'm to pick up my trailer sometime next week, just in time for our
trip to South Carolina, (Myrtle Beach to be exact).

I'll let you all know about how the new A/C works. It will be a Duo Therm
Penguin with the drip pan installed.

Take care

Bobby

1973 Ambassador Rear Twin