[VACList] Dura-Torque Axle on 1960 Pacer?

Gang,

I am just now getting into the running gear on our 1960 Pacer (acquired
earlier this year).  When I took the wheels off I was surprised to find
what I am assuming is a Dura-Torque axle.  The cross beam looks to be
about two inch square tubing.  There are no visible springs, and the
spindles are on trailing arms, about six inches behind the cross beam.
There is a vertical shock absorber attached to each trailing arm.

This would make this a very old Dura-Torque, but there's nothing
obviously wrong with it.  The VAC axle FAQ suggests evaluating the
condition of the axle by putting masking tape on the stop bumper to see
if it is bottoming out during normal travel.  But I don't see anything
that looks like a stop bumper.  Can anybody tell me what I am looking
for, or if there's a picture somewhere on the Internet?

If it turns out that we are going to need a new axle, conveniently we
are less than 100 miles from Jackson Center.  Can anybody recommend an
Airstream mechanic in southwestern Ohio who is familiar with the old
Dura Torque axles that could take a look at it?

Thanks,

John & Barbara Sellers
Spring Valley, Ohio
WBCCI/VAC # 1587