Re: [VACList] vintage shower enclosure

We used Teak for all trim in a shower area we made a grate for the floor teak
is uninfected by the wetting and drying in the shower. it does not shrink and
swell so it is very stable. The down side is it is VERY EXPENSIVE. Your next
best bet is Red Wood but be sure that you are gifting the real thing red wood
is a brand name used on cheep red died out door furniture.The wood is quite
stable But care must be used in final sanding as it can be splintery. Mahogany I
would not use as it is not all that rot resiance.
Jim Smith