Re: [VACList] Re: water heater replacement

I gave it up and took the family to the zoo ;-)

I am definatly not a plumber.  However, I replumbed all the supply lines in
the trailer last year w/o a leak.  Well, one small drip but it fixed itself.

I purchased brass elbows with 1/2" male pipe threads to 3/8" flair fitting
for the pipes in the trailer.  I tried both teflon tape and when the failed,
cleaned it off and used the stuff in the tube.  I couldn't tighten it much
more than I did.  Also, I had to stop at the proper angle to tie into the
trailers pipes.

Anyway, still leaks.  I am thinkng of going with plastic elbows and loose
the brass.  Any experience here from anyone?

All this trouble and my wife keeps telling me I wouldn't have all these
problems if it was a newer trailer and not *that old thing*!

ARGH!

-Tim