[VACList] Re: VACList Tow Vehicle Tire Pressures

Just got back from a short week towing our '67 Caravel into the Malheur
desert area of Eastern Oregon.  Trailer tires were low when I set it up for the
trip -- one was flat.  I had them fixed, of course, before leaving.  No further
problems with either trailer tire.
	But the '97 Toyota LandCruiser V-6 was a different story.  Front
tires are 1-1.5 year old "open country" Les Schwab tires (Schwab is a
well-known NW tire chain) -- no problems.  But the rear tires were
Bridgestone, same make/model as was on the LCruiser when we bought it in
'00; these tires replaced the probable oeq's on the car at that time.  No
problems with either tire until this trip when both flatted -- not with trailer in
tow, but after a 160 mile around-Steens-Mountain cruise on 2/3 gravel roads.
Once back in civilization I replaced both those tires.
	My question is what pressure allowance, if any, do we make for
rear tires when towing?  I am wondering whether I should have been running
the rear tires at higher than the recommended 32 pound pressure when
towing.
	2nd Question: if I raise the pressure for the rear tires, do I have to
also raise the pressure for front tires on full-time 4 wheel drive?

Huff