[VACList] Re: VACList Digest V3 #203

Power Tongue Jacks

Our Airstream is only a few years old and hardly vintage.  However, we
live in it full-time, 365 days a year or nearly so.  We pull it about
20,000 miles a year with kids on both coasts, so we may make our
Airstreams vintage before the calendar might concur.

Question: Our tongue jack, a 3500 pound Super Jack made by H&H
Engineering, a division of Barker, recently acted up.  It would go up,
but not down.  So I finished unhitching and setting up manually.  When
I put the head back on, the jack would go both up and down.  I then
followed the instructions to put he unit in the correct positions to
correctly  reinstall the head.  Then the hitch would go up, but not
down.

At this point, I eMailed Barker and asked for troubleshooting help.
They sent me a replacement micro-switch.  But before it arrived, I
removed the the head and repeated the process of getting the head and
the jack in the right position for re-installing the head.  At this
point, the hitch now works properly.  It goes up and down. I have
tested it a couple of times.  I am reluctant to go in and change the
switch when the unit ain't acting broke.

Any suggestions?

Bob Flentke