RE: [VACList] Re: VACList Digest V3 #203

Greetings Bob!

I have a similar jack that was installed on my '64 Overlander a little
over two years ago.  I began experiencing erratic operation much as you
describe.  After going through much of what you have described; I though
the problem was solved as well - - but on the way home from last year's
International Rally, the jack mysteriously began lowering and retracting
as I was traveling down the Interstate.  It felt like the Suburban was
bottoming out about once every quarter mile; stopped to check after the
third incident only to find the jack nearly ready to tough the ground
again - - apparently when the jack would strike the ground it would
reverse and repeat the process of retracting then lowering.  It turned
out that the micro-switch had an erratic fault; replaced the switch and
haven't had any further problems

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359