Re: [VACList] Wiring and Water questions

My 59 Ambassador has a schrader valve built into the filler tube to bleed
off the air. The original onboard compressor goes on and off automatically
to maintain sufficient pressure. There is a switch to turn the power off at
night so you don't get woken up. I added a manual valve to the pressure line
from the compressor to the tank to avoid any water back feeding into the
compressor while hooked up to city water. There is a built in check valve
but I didn't trust it as it had leaked in the past and caused issues inside
the compressor. This system may not be current but it does work very well
and gives  great pressure all of the time. I suspect manufactures stopped
using this type of system due to cost. The other nice thing about these
systems on trailers built in 1959 and earlier is that the pressure tank is
aluminum and never corrodes out.

Colin Hyde