[VACList] Thetford Basic (DUMP) Valve

Scott
Here is a link to the Thetford dump valve that I had ordered/replaced last year.
Unfortunately there is not a photo of the opposite (bottom) side which is
where the sewer hose twist/slip fitting is installed. After looking at the photos
of the dump valve on the 56-57 what ever. It looks like there are the same
style four tabs that the sewer hose coupling is installed on. I think there is a
misunderstanding or something on the description of slip fitting and twist
fitting. When the describing it as a slip fitting, I picture a slick surface in
which another is slide over it held in place by friction alone. In using twist
fitting as a description I picture it as having tabs or some other locking/
securing means to prevent slippage and allow positive lock at the connection.
Judging by the pictures that was supplied in post by Scott S., I believe we are
looking at and talking about the same style fitting, but are just using
conflicting terms to effectively describe it to one another. One (me) using
twist style and another using slip.
If your dump valve looks like the one Scott S pictured then I think we  are
talking about the same style.
I wish I had a digital camera to show you the one on my '73.
Daisy, do you have a photo of yours you can share with us?
Any way the top side of it will look like the top of the one shown in the link
below.
Bobby

http://www.dyersonline.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+