Re: [VACList] water leak on fixed windows in a 68

Hey Mark:

I think if you look close at either side of the flat trim along the bottom
of the fixed pane (and all panes as I recall) you should see a slight
vertical "wrinkle" in the aluminum.  It appears that the designers made a
small drain path at each end to the outside.  I have been meaning (like a
lot of other things) to take a small wire and see if I can "rod out" this
teeny drain.  Check it out.  There also should be a small bead of sealant in
the corner of each window where the bottom extrusion meets the vertical
ones.  I scraped a particularly nasty looking blob of it out of the corner
of the window next to the door and now have a leak there.  Naturally I'm out
of Vulkem.

Later,

GQ '67 Safari