[VACList] Re: Off-list Advice vs. Public & Re: Rivets

After my previous post imploring us to post public instead of private e-mail, I
went back a few months (thanks Tom Patterson) and reviewed subject of Rivets.
I found alot of info from some very informed-sounding members. Thanks to you
all.

Now my confusion is this, what and how much more is there that could have
possibly been sent to Chris privately? <g> The webmaster gives a link for a
Rivet book, I'll explore this too. I'll bet that over the years and in the VAC
newsletter and maybe the WBCCI "Blue Beret" and elsewhere that Airstreamers
have communicated, there is a 'book in itself' of knowledge. Does anyone recall
if there has ever been a 'bibliography' or index or accounting of most or all
of these scattered resources regarding riveting?

Once I know more, I have this silly idea of making a card with different
Airstream-useable rivets glued on for reference.I would hope I could order a
sample of different sizes and styles from some of the many suppliers. Seems
that would be a help for 'rivet-rookies' like me. Course the taskmaster says I
should better spend the time that project would expend, just fixing the trailer
in time for the next round of Haley's comet. {;-) She's probably right!

++HEX++