[VACList] Eldorado-final drive

Fellows

My GMC has the 425 tranny.
 The stock final drive on most pre '79 Olds Toros and Eldorados
was a 3:07.
There are many ways to change the gearing. You can change the
chain drive at the tranny, or you can go for the gear change at the
final drive, OR you can do both to get any desired set of numbers.

You do not have to change any axle shafts, you do not have to use
a new pan, just add a large tranny cooler. A shift kit is not
necessary. Gears or chain will run about $1000 for the parts and
labour is either DIY (quite simple really), or your fav. mechanic !

If you don't want the car or the transmission, let me know and I
know a dozen GMCers who would <BG>

Mike B....Nova Scotia

1977 GMC (classic) Kingsley 26'
1969 Airstream International Sovereign 31'
 10 or more VW type 1's, 3 type 2's
other assorted "stuff"