Re: [VACList] painting the shroud

Daisy from my liminited experance with fiberglass over the last 45 years I
need to know was the new part jelcoated? if so it will probaly not need
painted.iIf it is raw fiberglass it will need to be routhed up with about 320
grit wet or dry paper Wet sand using some dishwashing detergent in the water
2reasons 1 to give the paint "tooth" and secondly to remove the wax that is
present on all new fiberglass parts.Have a prow spray it using a block out
primer and a 2 part lineral polyutherane paint.
The same holds true if the part is jelcoated and you want to change the
colour.
Beware of the chemical preps I have seen some disasters using them.
I suggest you paint it bright red to match mine. or if you realy want to
agervate some of the traditionalist try purple metelflake.
Jim Smith