Re: [VACList] Self adhesive vinyl tiles

Earl
My trailer has these in it and I hate them, but haven't gotten around to
replacing them yet. Eventually I'll replace them. Should be a breeze to
remove since I am able to reposition them very easily in the summer when
they get moved by the kids sliding on them.
Yes they do move, at least the ones in my trailer although I doubt the floor
was properly prepared before installation.
I have installed the self adhesive tile in houses with good results, and I
have also had to replace one or two in one of my rental houses. I would
highly recommend using the latex primer before installation. I think if this
was done by the previous owner in my trailer then I would not have any
trouble. The reason I say this is, when I had to replace one I installed
using manufactures instructions and recommended items I need a hammer and
chisel to remove one from a wood floor that I installed them on but of
course it didn't travel at 65-70MPH and was always kept at a more
comfortable room temperature than the ones in my trailer.
When I do replace mine though I think I will install a full sheet vinyl
floor cover just to eliminate seams. Or cork flooring if I can afford it by
then.

Bobby