[VACList] Re: VACList Digest V3 #160

Every so often I see an ad for a travel trailer that mentions it has a self
contained sanitation system - (I'm not referring to the type mentioned in
the ad on e-bay)  Ever since I was a kid - I remembering reading ads (I
always saw them in Sunset magazine) for the various systems (usually
water-less I believe) designed for homes - that simply reduced the waste
either with the use of electicity and heating (I believe) or though systems
that require little or no electricity- and that every so often (from what
you read - it is very seldom) one has to simply dispose of the by-product.
Very simple and some systems appear to be very un-complicated.  The systems
that need some source of power would  no doubt be a potentially liimiting
factor for some RV's depending on their set-up and use characteristics -
that is no doubt one of the reasons the system on e-bay was thought to be
effective - due to using the inherent heat in the exhaust system.  I just
went to Google and typed in Incinolet and Recreational Vehicle - and came up
with a site that talks about systems for both home/cabins and recreational
vehicles.

No doubt these systems have higher than typical initial sanitation equipment
costs - and they require different thinking in terms of
use/operation/maintenance - but it would be interesting to hear from any
folks who do have one of these alternative systems currently in their RV's.
I would think it would be a very interesting alternative for those
interested in serious boondocking.

Also - all through the 1990's I worked at various times in Western Canada -
specifically using the VIA train system  I think - their systems just dump
on the tracks as they go along.  I know that when you took a shower on the
train...you could see the tracks right through the shower drain.

Best wishes.  RL