Re: [VACList] Rivets re:bucked tail diameter, etc

Hi Chris and others,

Now that you have so clearly and nicely defined the type and size of rivets,
what is the proper installation procedure?

Were all the rivets in the exterior skin attached while the interior skin
was off?  Or can one somehow do those type of rivets with interior skin in
tact?  I recently noticed the 62 Globe Trotter has a small pinhole in the
head of each rivet whereas I haven't noticed that on the 66 Overlander.  Did
they use different rivets during different model years?  Each seems to be
equally strong...as a matter of fact I have never found one loose on either
trailer!

I'm still totally intrigued by the rivets after all these years and think
the trailers esthetics wouldn't be the same without them!

Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion.

GAS