RE: [VACList] panel patches

Greetings Chris!

Yes, those are the first photos that I have posted since the exterior
was polished by the Ruth's of P & S Trailer Service.  The photos that
you remember seeing may have been from the Wagon Wheels '99 site that I
created following the International Rally in '99 - - the site is still
up, but I haven't done any editing on the site for at least two years.
Fogdall's suggested replacing the furnace while we were at the repair as
the heat exchanger on the original furnace was rusted out and I had been
wanting to install a new furnace - - the needed repair solved two
problems at once.

AJL Solar handled the solar install, and thus far it has been trouble
free through two seasons.  There are actually three panels on the roof
to power three gel cell batteries in the coach (to 75 Watt panels and
one 50 Watt panel).  The panels are light enough that there is little
likelihood of their causing the roof to deflect - - I would be surprised
if either of the three panels weighs more than 30 pounds.  Where
possible, they are mounted on a rib, but not all of the mounting points
fell on ribs so far as I can tell.  This setup has been very useful
especially with my new 3-way Dometic refrigerator - - the 12-volt
setting gets quite a workout when traveling and I often neglect to take
it off manual control and it operates on 12-volt for extended periods of
time with no complaint.

Arlene Fowler handled a complete interior refurbishment on the coach in
2001 as well.  The interior color scheme is now white, blue and silver.
In fact, the avocado green bathroom has been refinished in antique
pewter.

The Airstream is scheduled to get a rest this summer as the Argosy is in
my sights for the trip to the International Rally.  My plan is to tow
the Argosy with the Cadillac if all goes well over the next few weeks.

Good luck with your repair.

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359