Re: [VACList] Dodge Dakota vs 19' Globe Trotter?

CB
Glad you found you a tow vehicle. I'm no expert on towing by any means but I
think the Dakota may do what you want, since you'll only be towing around
2600-3000 lbs. At least the wheel base (track) is wider than the other
small/midsize trucks. And the 4X4 to me is a plus because you will have the
extra weight up front to help level it out. I also like 4X4 because
sometimes it makes backing up a lot easier.
On brake controllers there is a multitude to choose from. I have the Reese
Compact in my truck and a Prodigy in the Suburban. The Prodigy is the bomb
as far as I'm concerned. If I towed with my truck as much as I used to I
would swap the Reese for a Prodigy.
Take care
Bobby
'73 Ambassador