Re: [VACList] Voyager vs 19' Globetrotter?

Hi CB,

You live in South Amherst so why don't you load that minivan with yourself
and four 200 pound friends for a total of a thousand pounds or 1/4 of the
weight you will probably be towing with your 2,700 lb trailer plus 1,000 lb
of "stuff"). Next,  pack enough food and drink for the day and take it for a
spin over to Pittsfield and up October Mountain to the campground?

After you've had your picnic lunch, turn around and go back down the
mountain and head for home. By the end of that day's run, I'll wager you'll
know the answer to your question.  Keep in mind this experience will only be
1/4th of a reality check

If it was me and I liked the minivan, I'd keep it for running around town
and enjoying "no car payments." Then, I'd go find myself a slightly used big
van or pickup or suburban for strong towing and serious safety
considerations.

When winter comes, you can always put the truck in the garage, take the
plates and insurance off it and plug your battery charger into a timer for
an hour a day to keep the truck battery(ies) fully charged.  If you get
cabin fever during the winter, go sit in the truck, look at maps and dream
of adventures yet to come.

Terry