Re: [VACList] Tail lights and fiberoptics

I went out and looked at my tail lights.

I have all the numbers off them.

Lens dia looks like about 4 3/8, screw pattern about 3 5/8 dia.
two contact bayonet socket, low pin in the back.

The back up light I got from LED TROnics has a right angle turn, BUT the
pins are both low. So it doesn't work in the existing socket.

https://www.netdisty.net/ds/aut1157ri/default.asp

looking at them, I realizes that the black shiny bump right behind the
lamp is the fiberoptic that ends up in the light viewer thingy on the
street side so you can see if your lights are working. Now I wish that i
could have that still work. Piggy, Piggy.

If we could get red LED's that fit, we could just use a back up light,
clear cover on them.

Well anyway, I'm gonna put tin foil in there to start with.

Daisy