[VACList] Fiberoptics again

Hi all -

Just got back from a several-day trip, which included leaving the '72
Overlander at Toscano's for a little work rebolting the left and
right rear floor to the frame rails.  While there, I stocked up on
several small replacement parts for the steps, windows and such.

One thing that we struck out on was a replacement for the cover for
the fiber optic taillight device that (thank goodness!) was mentioned
in some posts from last Friday.  Nobody at Toscano's recalled ever
seeing this gadget as a factory or aftermarket installation, so we
left figuring it was an avant-garde experiment by the trailer's
previous owner.  It's great to know that at least some units were so
equipped.

Our fiberoptics still work, and are indeed quite reassuring during
night travel. The reason for the inquiry was that the (white?)
plastic cover has disintegrated over the intervening 30 years,
leaving a rubber-like mount for the fiber ends, and a couple of
screws that look like they hold the mount to the trailer.  The fiber
disappears inside the trailer shell through a hole in the aluminum.
The minimum plan is to put sealant in the hole, to prevent water from
coming in.  But a better cosmetic solution would be preferred.

Finally, the question:  Does anyone know of a potential source of
replacement covers for this thing?  I haven't tried Airstream, or
Inland RV, or the other usual sources yet, but thought that since the
topic had just come up, perhaps someone might have looked into it
recently.  I won't be able to search seriously until next week.

All suggestions gratefully received.  As usual, the collective wisdom
of this group greatly adds to the pleasure of playing with a vintage
Airstream!

Stan