Re: [VACList] "Tornado Warning"

I've been in a couple of situations where tornado warnings were issued, and
it's pretty tense.  The decision to leave your trailer has to be made, but
it's the only sensible one.

Once near Amarillo, TX and twice in the vicinity of Tulsa, OK we had to seek
shelter.  Our normal routine is to enquire at the RV Park office concerning
the location of the "shelter".  Often it's only the park's laundry or rec
room, but it's for sure safer than the trailer.

The biggest problem I've had is that weather radio gives all the information
as if you were a resident of the area.  Be sure to have a map that lists the
county lines, or you won't have a clue about the warnings that are issued.
It's pretty disconcerting to hear the warnings and not know where the
problem really is.

It's also a good idea to spend some time learning weather patterns and where
tornadoes are most likely to crop up, and in what part of the year.  I now
plan most of my travels based on that information.

Roger

Roger Hightower
1975 31' Sovereign
WBCCI 4165, VAC, TCT