RE: [VACList] Airstream keys

Greetings Gary!

As with any Vintage coach, someone along the line may have changed some
of the compartment locks so it is possible that one key won't fit all.
With my '64 Overlander all of the compartment locks are keyed alike; and
when I purchased my '78 Minuet all of its exterior "compartment" locks
were keyed alike; but the battery compartment lock was nearly worn out
so its replacement is the lone exception (it cannot be distinguished
from the others just by looking).  I would be prepared with plenty of
lock lubricant prior to trying the new key in the other locks - - I
suspect that corrosion may be a problem in the locks that may explain
the broken key syndrome that you mention.

Good luck in solving your compartment lock problem.

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359