Re: [VACList] pex

Scott, I replaced all of the copper lines in my 1976 31" Sovereign with PEX
about 2 years ago. I have not had any problems at all. The total cost was
around $250. The PEX tubing is not expensive, but the various compression
fittings get a little pricey. They are easy to work with just cut the tubing
to length and connect the fitting. No special tools are needed. I would
suggest that you find a local RV supply store to purchase the supplies. You
can then buy a number of various fittings and return any you don't use.
Also, right in the middle of the job you will need to hook up a faucet, or
something and find that you don't have the right fitting.

Good luck