[VACList] Changing the color of cabinets

A friend of mine, has a 1973 27'. As most of you know, Airstream
started using a "wood look" made from plastic type material. She
very much wants to get rid of that look either by painting,
covering, etc...  Has anyone done this to their Airstream? If
so, how?? What do you recommend.

And yes, I have told them, they can join the WBCCI free the first
year, showing new ownership. I was hoping to get them to their
first rally in April, but the can not go.

Paul Waddell
WBCCI/VAC/WDCU 1270
66 Overlander
70 23' LY single