Re: [VACList] Original 2 prong plug

Jason,

  I have a 77 Argosy Minuet with an aluminum floor (two sheets of aluminum
with a Styrofoam core).  The idea of a hot shell scared me, and GFCI is the
only thing I will plug into.  It's a real tin can.

  I have a small hot tub from Sundance that we run off of 120V.  It came
with an extension cord with a built in GFCI to plug into a grounded (non
GFCI) circuit.

  My experience with home wiring is that an ungrounded plug-in can be
replaced with a GFCI (no ground wire) and still meet NEC code.  Not
recommended for freezers and such, a false trip can be a mess.

  I have the latest NEC code around somewhere on a CD.  I'm still recovering
from an IBM hard drive crash.  I'm wondering what they have to say about
travel trailers?  I am certainly not qualified to interpret code, but having
it to read helps in understanding the rules.

    Just my experience so far, I'm not even on the road yet, still waiting
for spring.  Make sure you are safe!  :)  Dr. G is a good hand at this
electrical stuff.  I never thought about reversed polarity on a ungrounded
GFI circuit.  Going to look into that.

Jim