[VACList] Spare parts at Sarasota

Hi Gang,

One of the reasons we like the Florida State Rally is we have a chance to
confer with Airstream Factory Parts Staff.  Not only do they usually have
the exact parts I want, but the prices are fair.

This year, m first purchase in the Airstream Factory Store was six hub studs
for our '89 32' Airstream.  After our little debacle on I-75 where a blow
out stripped our wheel off the hub, I know first hand how easy the repair
can be when we have the exact hub studs in our truck.  There are hundreds of
different size hub studs. Finding the right ones in a pinch is not always an
easy task, soI carry a set.

Other purchases were:

- the female snaps for our Zip Dee tire covers. Later this week, I'll
install them to match the male snaps installed on our Airstream by the
previous owner.

- half a dozen elastic curtain connectors to replace the ones in our
Airstream. If past practice is any indication, sooner or later, I'm going to
break more than one of them.

- weather strip for the screen door. Our '89 32' is thirteen years old and
needs to have the screen door stripping replaced.  I'm hoping to do this job
before mosquito season begins next month.

- the circular screen in our bathroom vent. Today, I installed it and didn't
break the shorty wire at the motor. That would have been easy to do and
thereby make the fan motor useless.  Some jobs look easy, but can lead to a
much bigger job if not done carefully. This was one of the latter.

More later,

Terry