[VACList] Solar panels at Sarasota

Well, we did it,

We now have four 75 watt panels on our Airstream. They fit perfectly between
our air conditioner and the rear vent. The job took about four hours and was
done to my satisfaction.

The display panel was installed on the inside plastic backing of the
cupboard above our refrigerator. The fit was easy and avoided making a wall
hole.

The panels were purchased from Alan Lambor. He's the solar guy I called last
month in Quartzite to confirm that he'd be at the Sarasota Rally with panels
for me.  His wife Julie was instrumental in scheduling the job during the
Rally.

Also, Alan provided me with the wiring to install my Inverter. I'll do that
job when I find a wire clamp (#2 currney) to tap into the battery ground
wire.  Surprisingly, this clamp was not available at the two major
electrical supply houses here in Sarasota.

Our converter is now permanently unplugged. At some point in the future, I
may put four absorbable glass mat batteries (Concorde Sun Extender) in our
'89 32' Airstream, plus upgrade to a more capable Inverter - along with a
transfer box.  But first, I'll do my homework and think on it for awhile.

Cheers,

Terry