[VACList] Brakes at Sarasota

Hi Friends,

When we started using our '89 32' Airstream, I suspected our four brakes
varied in their braking power. Eventually, we went into a camprground with a
dirt road - my favorite testing ground for brakes.

Sure enough, when I tromped on the brakes, the front curbside wheel on the
Airstream skidded, the rear wheel on the street side skidded and the other
two showed ordinary tracks in the dirt with no evidence of reduced traction.

By the time we arrived at Sarasota, I was ready for parking on macadam where
I could drive one wheel up on a ramp - thereby allowing the other one to
dangle. Then, it was simply a matter of adjusting the star nut on that
wheel, plus I confirmed each pair of brake wires were connected securely.

After adjusting all four brakes myself, I'm sure they have equal drag.
Yesterday, we left Sarasota for our trip back across the state. Eventually,
we'll roll into the same campground with the dirt road where I can give them
the same test.

Before that occurs, what have I noticed so far? There is more stopping
capability than previously, especially at a quick changing signal light.

More later,

Terry